I had the privilege of spending the day with my precious Dad at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center. My brother Tim and his wife Chris drove my Mom and Dad to Ann Arbor, MIchigan. My husband Sam and I met them there. This medical facility looked like a city and the waiting room was full to the brim. Everyone has a story.
Last weekend Sam & I rented 2 movies we had never heard of before. One was categorized as a comedy starring Kate Hudson so we figured it would be light. We were wrong. Both movies were about cancer & dying. One topic we already know too much about. So I slightly freak out knowing my Dad was going to have his head examined, so to speak. 🙂 He had squamous cell carcinoma on the top of his head. Typically it is caught early and not a big problem. Today the Doctors told Dad it is good he came in when he did as it was already rather deep, but they removed it all. So thankful. When he walked out of the hospital today it looked like he was wearing a yarmulke.
God is good. Easy to say, I know, since my Dad is cancer free today. Nevertheless, this I know. We have been through a lot over the past few years with family, illness, cancer & death. I’ve given much thought to my own morality. Pathetic I know. I’ve thought about what I want my witness to be. I hope I will exude joy and rest in my faith that God is good – all the time. It’s who He is. That said, here’s to health & life & love! Love you Daddy!!
Ann Carole Tremain Smith
- The views expressed here are solely my own, are a work in process, will change over time, & don't necessarily reflect views of any specific person (husband, family, friends) or entity (employer, church, school) associated with me.
- Johnson - Hanks 2020 I'm in! #SNLFinale 3 hours ago
- What Would Jesus Cut? A Closer Look at Trump’s Budget Proposal sojo.net/articles/what-… via @sojourners 4 hours ago
- RT @IMPL0RABLE: #ManchesterBombing #YemenRaid Two 8 year old girls, the innocent faces of two terrible brutal attacks. When do we stop ki… 6 hours ago
- RT @JoshLevs: @kurteichenwald @seanhannity Incredible. Even Fox retracted. But Hannity keeps pushing this disgusting lie, tarnishing a dead… 6 hours ago
- Ultimately #lovewins Today let all our hearts be filled with love for all those impacted by the #Manchester bombing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago