“I wonder if we would have immigrants from Guatemala if the CIA had not illegally helped to overthrow a democratically elected government in 1954, that was committed to improve life for poor people. I wonder if we would have immigrants from El Salvador if the United States had not supported a repressive, and violent government during the 1970’s and 80’s, when thousands had to flee for their lives, and many thousands were killed. I wonder if we would have immigrants from throughout the Americas today if the United States had not illegally, and repeatedly intervened in many countries’ internal affairs to protect the interests of multinational companies. If only they had had walls high enough to keep us out, we might have fewer immigrants today. Illegal is illegal. Jesus once said something about reaping what you sow.”
Ann Carole Tremain Smith
- The views expressed here are solely my own, are a work in process, will change over time, & don't necessarily reflect views of any specific person (husband, family, friends) or entity (employer, church, school) associated with me.
- Protester hugs Nazi outside Richard Spencer event, asks 'why do you hate me?' huffingtonpost.com/entry/aaron-co… via @blackvoices 5 hours ago
- Newt Gingrich To Black Congresswoman: 'It's Time For Her To Keep Her bluestatedaily.com/newt-gingrich-… 5 hours ago
- Story of Stuff (2007, OFFICIAL Version) youtu.be/9GorqroigqM via @YouTube 14 hours ago
- Lawrence: 'Stunned' by John Kelly's attack on Rep. Wilson msnbc.com/the-last-word/… via @msnbc 18 hours ago
- Yes. He is now. twitter.com/RawStory/statu… 19 hours ago