“I wonder if we would have immigrants from Guatemala if the CIA had not illegally helped to overthrow a democratically elected government in 1954, that was committed to improve life for poor people. I wonder if we would have immigrants from El Salvador if the United States had not supported a repressive, and violent government during the 1970’s and 80’s, when thousands had to flee for their lives, and many thousands were killed. I wonder if we would have immigrants from throughout the Americas today if the United States had not illegally, and repeatedly intervened in many countries’ internal affairs to protect the interests of multinational companies. If only they had had walls high enough to keep us out, we might have fewer immigrants today. Illegal is illegal. Jesus once said something about reaping what you sow.”
Ann Carole Tremain Smith
- The views expressed here are solely my own, are a work in process, will change over time, & don't necessarily reflect views of any specific person (husband, family, friends) or entity (employer, church, school) associated with me.
- RT @renato_mariotti: Donald Trump Jr. is tweeting the same hashtag as Russia-linked Twitter accounts. Coincidence? twitter.com/natashabertran… 21 minutes ago
- Trump believes he will ‘lose his power’ if anyone cuts his hair: report | Raw Story rawstory.com/?p=1200880 via rawstory 23 minutes ago
- RT @SenWarren: The GOP controls every branch of govt. I repeat: They control the WH & Congress. They've lurched from crisis to crisis for m… 1 hour ago
- RT @johnpavlovitz: .@realDonaldTrump is not well. He is a hateful human being. He is deeply racist. He doesn't deserve this platform. He is… 1 hour ago
- RT @JoyAnnReid: Keep in mind, REPUBLICANS let CHIP expire last year. They could have reauthorized it at any time, and could reauthorize it… 1 hour ago