“I wonder if we would have immigrants from Guatemala if the CIA had not illegally helped to overthrow a democratically elected government in 1954, that was committed to improve life for poor people. I wonder if we would have immigrants from El Salvador if the United States had not supported a repressive, and violent government during the 1970’s and 80’s, when thousands had to flee for their lives, and many thousands were killed. I wonder if we would have immigrants from throughout the Americas today if the United States had not illegally, and repeatedly intervened in many countries’ internal affairs to protect the interests of multinational companies. If only they had had walls high enough to keep us out, we might have fewer immigrants today. Illegal is illegal. Jesus once said something about reaping what you sow.”
Ann Carole Tremain Smith
- The views expressed here are solely my own, are a work in process, will change over time, & don't necessarily reflect views of any specific person (husband, family, friends) or entity (employer, church, school) associated with me.
- Johnson - Hanks 2020 I'm in! #SNLFinale 3 hours ago
- What Would Jesus Cut? A Closer Look at Trump’s Budget Proposal sojo.net/articles/what-… via @sojourners 4 hours ago
- RT @IMPL0RABLE: #ManchesterBombing #YemenRaid Two 8 year old girls, the innocent faces of two terrible brutal attacks. When do we stop ki… 6 hours ago
- RT @JoshLevs: @kurteichenwald @seanhannity Incredible. Even Fox retracted. But Hannity keeps pushing this disgusting lie, tarnishing a dead… 6 hours ago
- Ultimately #lovewins Today let all our hearts be filled with love for all those impacted by the #Manchester bombing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago